Adera seeks to provide sustainable employment opportunities for parents through the Open Door Employment Center.
- Training programs enhance both business and social skills
- Participants are then matched with an external training program in a particular vocation
- Once training is complete, Adera assists in creating a small business or finding employment with a local business in Addis Ababa
- Adera continues to provide both counseling and guidance throughout the employment process to ensure ongoing success
- Our goal is to equip parents to provide for the needs of their families
The Open Door Program has successfully trained and found employment for numerous woman in Addis Ababa.
Download a PDF with more detailed program information
Meet some of the participants
Mihret is a single mom. She has completed grade ten and has a certificate in accounting. She desires to be the best employee in business. Her five-year plan is to get her BA in Accounting.
Emebet has two children. She has no formal education. She desires to own her own coffee shop. Her five-year plan is to build a successful business.
Yenegus has five children and no formal education. She seeks work in the food industry and wants to be a good employee. Her five-year plan is to improve her family’s living conditions.
You can change the life of a woman.
Our goal for 2020 is to help 75 women complete the program.
Partner with Adera Foundation by supporting the Open Door Employment Center.
$300 will fund the training and support for one woman.